How do you install the correct door lock? As a means of supporting the security of a house, the key is part of the door that has a very important role. The existence of the key allows the door to be closed tightly and is very difficult to open. Will you take advantage of the Locksmith mornington presence so that you don’t deal with the job of door lock installation?
The large variety of door locks currently available will certainly make it easier for us to determine which key best suits our needs. Starting from the key that has the quality as it is, up to keys that are priced at above-average prices can also be found easily on the market.
– Determine the position where the key will be installed on the door. According to the posture of most people, door locks are usually installed at an altitude of about 90-100 cm. Don’t forget to make sure this position also allows the key hook section to reach the keyhole on the frame.
– Mark the position using a pencil clearly. Try to make the mark follow the shape of the key ring so you can more easily break into the door later. Make a sign also on the frame as a place to make a key hook hole with a parallel position to the location of the door to be installed.
– To puncture the door as a place to install locks, you can use wooden chisels measuring 1 and 2 inches. Squeeze the wood layer exactly at the mark that was made beforehand slowly. After the key mounting hole is finished, then make a key for the hook on the frame according to the predetermined position.
– Try it several times to make sure the key can function properly when installing the lock. Also, check whether the key can really be hooked to the hole in the frame very tightly or not.
– If all is felt to be correct and the door lock can function optimally, you can start installing the retaining screws. Use an electric drill so that the installation of these screws can be done easily. It is also recommended to provide a coating in the form of glue on the top of all the screws so that it is difficult for anyone to release.